Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Yey!

I finally got my copy of one of my most anticipated book;

May 13: Declassified Documents on The Malaysian Riots of 1969



Read the review: Click here



I am really happy to get this book because:

1) I tried to look for it since it was out last year. Tried a few MPH and small bookstores around town but to no avail.

2) 1 of the bookseller (mamak bookstore) told me that the book was banned by the govt. I couldnt believe this. What I know is that the book was seized by the KDN officers after it was launched (not all but from several bookstores were seized). If it really is banned, then Blistering Barnacles! I think we need to teach those officers the TRUE meaning of the word "declassified documents" and "open-mindedness".

3) I always love to know what people involved think. In other words, I want to get second thought from the people that were involved directly, not the people who reported as reports nowadays tend to be manipulated by some scumbags who have their own bastard agendas (What? U're not happy with that word? Get lost!)

I managed to buy the Chin Peng biography (Alias Chin Peng: My Side of History) before it was banned by the govt. So far that is the book I read the most; almost 3 times! And it was an extremely worth buy (even the price was a freaking RM80 bucks @ Kinokuniya) and made my brother in-law who is a Special Branch officer jerked his eyes to me when he saw me reading the book (he never said anything though!). From there we know what really happened. What was in his mind. Why did he do those things. I am no supporter of him, I must say but there are some things that is unique from his thinking that have never been reported in any history books......


Enough of the crappy talk! I wanna get down and enjoy reading this book!


Happy reading to me!


Important Note: To some extend posting of new posts might be slower than before. Let me finish the book first..

No comments: