Sunday, September 28, 2008

SAFE AND SOUND (Part II)

Now it's my turn to be Safe and Sound.

I arrived safely at Kuala Terengganu at about 1.45am yesterday, after a whopping 12 hours of drive from Johor. It was a hell of a drive home, with lots of (cars of course) things happened.

We took off at about 2pm on Saturday, stopped by at in-law's house and waited for Azrul and his family for a convoy back home. It was the rough winding and bumpy road from Kota Tinggi to Mersing that made Aiman vomitted a (very) lot upon reaching Mersing. I was with him at the back of the car when it happened. He was having his full-bottle milk when he suddenly woke up and the face started to turn bleak and red, and suddenly, BURRRRGHH! One whole load of isi perut hit directly to the back seat... And since we are already (very) late that time we decided to move on..and enjoy the "aromatherapy" throughout the journey.

It was until we stopped for a refuel after having our Iftar at ROhank's house that I managed to find an Ambi Pur with Odour Eliminator (bought for a freaking RM18 vs RM14 sold at TESCO! Blistering Barnacles) and the chap did the job very well, leaving behind a minimal smell of the muntah and 3 happy persons in the car..

Yong offered his house for us to stop over for a night but Azrul refused and wanted to continue. No choice because kesian of his anak kecik, we decided to continue as well. But as soon as I were to speed in the early roads of the Jerangau-Jabor road, where one driver should take the advantages of a smooth straight long road for atleast 20kms, Azrul went sleepy and drove his car at merely 60km/h! Since it was night time and I didnt notice that he was left far behind (and thanks to the fact that there are slightest cellphone coverage ever), the moment I realized I slowed down but to no sight of his car! Until I stopped my car for a whopping 10minutes then he arrived, loking extremely sleepy. So we decided to stop by for a cup of coffee.

I know myself very well. I can only tahan to drive till 2am, no more than that. The moment we took off from the coffee break, it was already 11pm and we still have ~160kms more to go! So I pushed him hard to get him drive faster (and managed to!), thanks to the masterpiece technique taught by Salam last time (anybody wants to know the technique, please email me personally! ).

Finally we managed to arrive home safely at 145am, ~45mins off from my initial target. Though it was hard and exhausting, it is still a very good journey since it's the authentic BALIK RAYA KE KAMPUNG journey, which somebody said "Bau asap bas pun wangi" kehkehkeh...


P/S: Still in "Car Lag" :)

No comments: