Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Blistering Barnacles?

I've got a few questions from my colleagues on the weird name of this blog.

Why Blistering Barnacles?


Well, basically the word Blistering Barnacles comes from one comic strip which I was really addicted to when I was young, The Adventures of Tintin by Belgian artist, Hergé.




I am so influenced to the character Captain Haddock (circled in red), who always use the words "Blistering Barnacles" when he is mad at something or somebody, especially when somebody did some stupid things.

I became soo fond of this character and his words, I even used this words from then (when I was about 13yeras old) till now when I'm upset or when I'm mad at somebody or something (maybe this is what they call a bad influence from comics...??)

So from now on, each time I say "the word", you know what I mean......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you are a Simpson fanatics?

BlisteringBarnacles said...

I'll write an entry on the cartoons I am fond of..


Shim,

Ko kat California lagi ke?